Day 2 of Insulation Installer Death Inquest

Kay Dibben | From:The Courier-Mail | March 12, 2013 4:29PM

Mitchell Sweeney
TRAGIC LOSS: Mitchell Sweeney (right), with brothers Brendan and Justin and mother Wendy. Mitchell was electrocuted in Millaa Milla while installing foil insulation. Source: The Courier-Mail

WORKERS installing foil home insulation in a north Queensland home were using metal staples when a young man was electrocuted, despite being told not to use them, an inquest has heard.

The inquest, in Brisbane Coroners Court, heard investigators who went to the scene after the death of Mitchell Scott Sweeney, 22, found a roof was “live” with 240 volts.

Mr Sweeney was electrocuted and died on February 4, 2010, after a cable he was using to fix foil insulation to ceiling rafters was punctured by a metal staple.

The staple had come into contact with a positive wire at the house at 13 Wattle St, Milla Milla, on the Atherton Tablelands, the inquest in Brisbane Coroners Court heard. Continue reading Day 2 of Insulation Installer Death Inquest