A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of two witnesses scheduled to give evidence in the committal hearing over the suspected murder of Timothy Pullen.
The women have failed to show up for the matter, which is now in its third day.
Magistrate Damien Dwyer yesterday ordered the two women be arrested.
Another witness Kimberley Fouro had to be brought to the Mackay court house by police as she was listed to give evidence.
She had previously given two statements to police in 2013 in relation to Luke Shayne Kister.
However, yesterday she said since that time she’d been on medication and had very little memory of what she’d told police.
Defence solicitor Bill Potts, for Kister, asked if what she’d largely told police in her statements was untrue.
Ms Fouro also said, “I refuse to answer” twice after she’d been cautioned that she didn’t have to answer if she might incriminate herself.
Zane Tray Lincoln, 37, Stephen Dale Renwick, 39 and Benjamin Francis Graeme Oakley, 27 are accused of murdering Mr Pullen on April 16 in 2012.
Kister, 25, is charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder.
Witness Kevin Virgona said he saw four men at the unit where Mr Pullen was allegedly murdered on the night he disappeared. Mr Virgona lived next door to Nicolas Voorwinden in Valley St.
He told the court he saw a big, bald man “wrestling with something on the ground”.
Mr Virgona then saw that same man pushing something into the back passenger seat of a blue Nissan Navara, but didn’t see what it was.
The man then climbed into the back of the vehicle as well.
He went and got ready for work and when he walked to his vehicle the Nissan Navara was gone.
Mr Virgona said he could see “blood splattered” on the pathway between the front door and front gate of his neighbour’s home.
“There wasn’t much… just drips of blood,” he said.
He agreed it could have been caused by a nose bleed.
The matter continues today.
“Arrest Warrant for Witnesses in Suspected Murder Trial” – Story by: Janessa Ekert – 8th July 2015 5:00 AM
Related News Article: “Men Accused of Disposing of Pullen’s Body Have Been Granted Bail”