Allegations of underworld death threats and real estate scams on the Gold Coast’s “Millionaires Row” have been aired in court.
Resident Rod Lambert yesterday told the court that he feared for his life after alleged threats from a high-profile real estate agent and Ken Lacey.
Lambert, who lives in a beachfront mansion at Mermaid Beach, told Southport Magistrates Court he was so scared he kept a knife and baseball bat in his car and he and his teenage son had slept with knives.
The businessman went to court yesterday seeking a peace and good behaviour order against Ray White Broadbeach agency boss Gary Gannon.
Lambert told the court he was defrauded of $2.74 million in a beachfront property deal after he was introduced to a convicted criminal by the agency’s star salesman, Michael Kollosche.
The court was told the alleged fraud was being investigated by police, the Crime and Misconduct Commission and Office of Fair Trading.
Lambert said that on April 12 this year, Gannon threatened him with a throat-cutting gesture in a Broadbeach shopping centre, where the two men had neighbouring offices.
“I was shocked, I was horrified,” Lambert told the court yesterday.
“I couldn’t believe it had deteriorated to the point where Mr Gannon would threaten to kill me.”
Lambert also alleged Gannon had Lacey threaten him at a Broadbeach restaurant in October last year.
Magistrate John Costanzo reserved his decision until November 4.
Article by: Greg Stolz for The Courier Mail